Roog BBQ is an ongoing project.
The following tools are used while developing this project:
- Laravel Mix
- Tailwind CSS
The website is built on WordPress. It uses the Underscores starter theme which is extended with a lot of custom features written in PHP.
The Advanced Custom Fields plugin plays a big role in the back-end for custom post types and custom fields.
The recipe section of Roog BBQ is the most developed section. It's built with a big focus on UX, accessibility and SEO.Go to a recipe page
- Recipe details on top of each recipe page.
- Adjustable portions
- Adjusted portions will recalculate required ingredients.
- Short and long descriptions
- Toggable short and long preparation descriptions for preparation steps.
- Toggable images
- Toggable images for preparation steps.
- Mark steps or ingredients
- Mark steps or ingredients as done to maintain a clear overview of progression.
- Fly-out ingredients
- To always have access to the ingredients. Even when you scrolled further down the preparation steps.
- Structured data
- Structured data is generated from all of the recipes custom fields. This structured data is rendered as a JSON format on each recipe page.
To keep track of all cooking sessions, I have created a timeline. The timeline is feeded from a custom post type.Go to timeline
- Multiple dates
- Multiple date entries can be added to a timeline item. This way a timeline item can be added to the timeline multiple times if a recipe is created more then once.
- Hyperlinks can be added to a timeline item to link to a recipe.